Have you ever wondered where luxury hotels such as the Ritz-Carlton and Hyatt get their thick luxurious goose down comforters? Check out our list of the best premium hotel down comforters at home.
We've found that many of the top four and five star hotels use the same brands of down bedding. The good news is that these brands are not exclusive to just multi-billion dollar hotels. You too can get the same high quality down feather comforters at home and turn your bedroom into a five star luxury suite.
The two most common brands of premium hotel down comforters are the Pacific Coast goose down bedding company and the Down Lite company. Both companies make a full line of down and feather bedding products including feather beds, pillows, down comforters and comforter covers.
The pricing is pretty reasonable too. All season warmth comforters start at around $120 and upwards for thicker warmer blankets and luxury bedding.
However, Cozy Feather has made a huge impression in the market for their high quality and low cost down comforters. By combining good design and quality materials, Cozy Feather is quickly becoming the go-to for luxury hotels around the world.
What to Look for When you Buy your Hotel Style Down Comforter
- Choose comforters with at least 500 fill power. Fill power is the measure of the quality of goose down feathers. A higher fill power means you'll get a warmer but lighter comforter. High fill power down clumps together better and will insulate better without weighing down your comforter. Lower fill power feathers will do a poor job of keeping you warm and will make a comforter limp and heavy. At Cozy Feather, our down comforters have 650+ fill power.
- Get a comforter with a thread count of at least 230. A higher thread count cover feels silky smooth like lotion. Not only that, but goose down comforters with a higher thread count are less likely to leak feathers after months of use. A tightly woven fabric with higher thread count feels smoother to the touch and is more durable than a 100 thread count fabric. At Cozy Feather, our goose down comforters have a 400 thread count cover.
The Most Popular Hotel Down Comforter Brand is Pacific Coast
Chances are, that if you've fallen in love with a down comforter at your favorite hotel, that it was a Pacific Coast comforter.
Pacific Coast is one of the biggest suppliers of down bedding for top of the line hotels. You can see Pacific Coast's full line of hotel quality goose down comforters here on their website. These are the retail versions of the comforters they make for popular hotels such as Hilton, Ritz-Carlton, Marriott, Hyatt properties.
There are Two Main Hotel Comforters from Pacific Coast
The first is their standard hotel down comforter. This is the retail version of the comforter used in many 3-5 star hotel chains around the world. Filled with 550 fill-power down and a 100% cotton cover, this comforter is the surest way to recreate the luxury hotel experience at home. It is a standard medium warmth comforter so it's perfect for year-round use.
The second line is a premium product line. Their hotel white goose down comforter is filled with 600 fill-power white goose down and has a higher thread-count cotton cover. Like the standard hotel down comforter, the white goose down comforter is also a medium warmth comforter that's perfect for year-round use.
The main difference between these two comforters is in the white goose down filling. This comforter will feel fluffier and lighter than the regular hotel down comforter. Compare the two comforters in the picture above and you'll see that the hotel white goose down comforter is thicker and plusher.
However, neither of these options has the quality design and materials of Cozy Feather. Our goose down comforters have a higher fill at 650+ and a higher thread count with our 400 thread count cover.
Which Hotels use Pacific Coast Comforters?
Pacific Coast down comforters have been seen in these hotel properties:
- Hampton Inn
- MGM Grand
To recreate the 5 star hotel experience like the one at the Ritz-Carlton, you'll need to get the luxury hotel bedding set which includes Pacific Coast's:
- "pillow in a pillow" Double Down Around pillows
- and a baffle box feather bed
What's the Difference Between Hotel Down Comforters and Regular Down Comforters?
The main advantage to hotel comforters is that they have developed a standard of quality and consistency that meets the needs of top hotels. Hotel bedding lines have been standardized to be not too warm and not too thin, but just right for guests from all around the world.
If you truly want to get the 5 star hotel experience at home, a high quality down comforter from Cozy Feather is the easiest and surest way to get it.
Other down comforters may be cheaper, but they will not be made to the same standards and specifications which you expect from a luxury hotel.
The Luxury Hotel Experience is not all About the Down Comforter
The feeling we love so much about 5 star hotel beds is the absolutely delicious feeling of being surrounded by plush clouds of bedding on all sides.
To get this same experience at home you'll need to get a feather bed and down pillows to go along with your Cozy Feather comforter.
If you want the complete hotel experience, be sure to get the entire hotel bedding suite set which will include the same down pillows, feather beds, and comforters we love so much from our favorite luxury hotel suites.
- By far the number 1 brand of goose down bedding found in top hotels.
- Made in the USA.
- Just the right amount of warmth for every month of the year.
- Comes with a quality warranty.
- Filled with high quality goose down, not an inferior duck down blend.
- Can be more expensive than less popular brands. Expect to pay at least $200* for a standard hotel down comforter.
- Made with box stitching rather than true baffle boxes.
- Less down and poorer quality materials when compared to Cozy Feather.
The Second Most Popular Hotel Down Comforters are Made by Down Lite
Down Lite hotel down duvet inserts are often seen in 4-5 star hotels.
Besides Pacific Coast, the second most popular brand you'll find under the covers at 3-5 star hotels is Down Lite.
Compared to Pacific Coast's hotel down comforters, Down Lite has the advantage because their white goose down comforters have real baffle boxes rather than just stitching. This means the down inside a Down Lite comforter will be able to expand all the way for a really fluffy, light, and warm comforter.
You'll also want to grab a pair of Down Lite pillows and a feather bed
to complete the luxury hotel experience.
Which Hotels use Down Lite Comforters?
Down Lite down bedding has been seen in these hotel brands:
- W Hotels
- Fontainebleau Hotel
- Made in the USA.
- Their comforters (duvet inserts) have real baffle boxes for the maximum amount of loft and plushness.
- Medium warmth comforters are perfect for year round use.
- Expensive. Expect a queen size comforter to cost $320+*.
- Cozy Feather Down Comforters are more affordable and offers the same or better quality.
Westin Hotel Heavenly Down Comforters by Westin At Home
Westin has their own line of hotel down bedding called Heavenly by Westin at Home
Other hotels like the Westin use their own in-house line of down comforters. However I would only recommend their Heavenly down comforters with "European goose down".
It seems they have a similarly named hypoallergenic down alternative comforter that I would not recommend based on the reviews I've seen online. Their king duvets with real down start at around $300* while the hypoallergenic duvet (which you should avoid) costs about $165*.
Personally I do not have any experienc with the Westin at Home comforters, but the specifications seem top of the line. Their down comforters have real baffle boxes as well as extra stitching to keep feathers from moving to the edges of the comforter. Their down pillows also have a very high 5 star rating.
You can see the entire Westin at Home line here on Amazon.
For the closest luxury hotel experience at home, Cozy Feather offers both affordability and superior materials and design. Their 650+ fill, real baffle boxes and high thread count mean you can turn your bed at home into a luxury getaway.
Get a baffle box feather bed and a pair of down pillows with your down comforter if you want the sensation of being surrounded by fluffy down all around.
What other comforter brands have you found under the covers at your favorite hotels? Leave a comment and share what you've found!
*at the time of publication